|Posición de la vacante:||Senior Partnerships & Resource Development Officer|
Coordinate Partnerships and Resource Development strategies to help reach 100% coverage on Operational budgets, including the submission of high quality funding applications, effective relationship management, and donor accountability.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Senior PRD Officer will focus on resource development for thematic or longer-term programs.
1- Partnerships and Relationship Management
Establish new partnerships and strengthen existing partnerships across different income streams, including the following:
- Partner National Societies: with a Federation-wide approach, including multilateral and bilateral partners, and including those within the region;
- Government partnerships: in cooperation with respective partner National Societies;European Union: including DG ECHO, DG Devco and other EU institutions;
- Multilateral and financial institutions partnerships: including Development Banks, UN agencies etc.;
- New funding opportunities: Research and dissemination of all funding opportunities to National Societies, IFRC country cluster offices and IFRC programmes teams.
2- Resource mobilization for IFRC’s Operational Plans in the Americas region
Work with the IFRC’s regional office and country/multi-country cluster offices in the following:
- Funding applications: Coordinate fundraising initiatives and presentation of proposals, providing technical support and ensuring quality.
- Operational plans: ensure timely follow up with partners on all new funding opportunities and that all funding information is kept up to date on CRM.
- Pledge management: ensure efficient processing of all pledges for operational plans, according to established guidelines/procedures. Follow-up of pledges created, reports and payments due.
- Grant management: ensure all grants of funding received through the IFRC secretariat are managed well, that all funding proposals are of good quality, and that guidelines/procedures are followed. Ensure the management of all information/ data related to partnerships/funding in the Americas region is kept fully up to date in the IFRC’s CRM and financial system.
- Contract negotiation: coordinate the contract negotiations with all relevant areas once the funding is approved.
- Donor reporting: work with project managers and PMER to ensure that all donor reports are prepared to quality standards, compliance with agreed donor conditions/requirements, and all reporting deadlines are met.
•University degree in relevant discipline
•Relevant post-graduate degree (International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, Business Administration or other relevant)
•Relevant professional training courses (Red Cross/Red Crescent related, humanitarian and development sector, management)
•3 to 5 years relevant experience in fundraising with partners/donors with demonstrable success.
•3 to 5 years relevant experience in relationship management and partnership development.
•Relevant work experience within the humanitarian sector and knowledge of systems and processes in communications, resource mobilization, planning and reporting.
•Experience in facilitating training in fundraising and resource development, as well as in mentoring/coaching.
•Work experience with non-profit organizations, NGOs and/or governmental development agencies.
•Experience of working in the Americas region, outside of Panama.
Knowledge and Skills
•Familiarity with government aid systems and that of multilateral organisations
•Experience in developing corporate fundraising
•Ability to work in a diverse cultural context
•Strong knowledge of information sharing tools
•Experience in using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
•Excellent networking and relationship building skills, including ability to strengthen internal and external networks, as well as Movement partnerships.
•Strong communication skills, written, spoken and presentation
•Fluency in English
•Fluency in Spanish
Competencies and Values
VALUES: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
CORE COMPETENCIES: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and Decision Making; National Societies and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation; Building Trust
MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES: Managing Staff Performance; Managing Staff Development; Strategic Orientation
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES: Building Alliances; Leadership; Empowering Others
Message for applicants:
Applicants will need to send their applications together with a letter of motivation no later than the closing date in order for us to assure a proper comparative evaluation of your application for this vacancy and to enable us to consider your profile against other similar current and future vacancies.
• Please note that the selected candidate will be hired through a national contract under the applicable national labour law of the country;
• The incumbent is responsible to abide by Federation policies, procedures, plans and local labour laws;
• The closing date is midnight GVA time. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered;
• Only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified.
The position will be based in Panama thus Panamanian as well as foreign applicants with valid and current residence and work permits in Panama are encouraged to apply on line:
|Tiempo de contrato:||1 year|
|Fecha de inicio:||02/01/2018|